Embedding a Campaign
After you publish a Campaign, you can embed it in your website or blog. To do this:
- Visit a published Campaign in the Campaign Builder.
- Click the Publications button at the top to open the Manage Publications Panel.
- Click the Embed Code button to open the Embed Code Dialog.
- If prompted to enable embedding, click the Enable Embedding for this Campaign button.
- Choose the type of code:
- Responsive, which has the ability to resize itself automatically. This code is ideal if you have widgets on the Campaign set to Starts Hidden. Check the Automatically Scroll to Popups box to scroll to popups when visitors access them. Enter a number of pixels in the Vertical Offset field to make sure the Campaign always remains visible when scrolling with Action Widgets.
- Fixed does not automatically adjust its height. If the height of the Campaign is variable, use the fields below the embed code field to enter the Campaign's maximum possible height.
- WordPress embed code is code that is specially generated for use with ShortStack's WordPress plugin. Install the plugin before proceeding. To learn more about the plugin, take a look at this video.
- Your embed code will appear. Copy the code and paste it into your website.
Optional (but recommended): Visit Campaign Settings to restrict embedding to specific domains. Access the Campaign Settings, click the Embedding menu, and then enter domains to restrict embedding to. If left blank, your Campaign can be embedded in any site. Separate multiple domains with spaces.
For maximum flexibility, enter only the root domain of your site. For example, if your website address is http://www.example.com, you would enter example.com into this field.
Notes and Tips About Embedding
- If you don’t have much room on your website to embed, you can experiment with a narrower width.
- Your embed code is dependent upon the Campaign URL. This means if you uninstall the Campaign, the embed code will stop working.